Sunday, February 16, 2014

Chippy White Farmhouse Hutch

Hello, I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend!  Mine was awesome!  Great times with family and good friends.. It's moments like the ones we had this weekend that make life worth living and show us how truly blessed we are.

I just finished up this adorable hutch today.  I've had it sitting in my living room off of the kitchen for the past couple months, and finally finished it up.  This piece is solid wood.  It was a custom built hutch, sporting inset doors and a drawer, and all sorts of charming character!  It's painted white and distressed for a slightly chippy look.  


I added some chicken wire to the doors.  First I sprayed the chicken wire with a couple layers of Rustoleum in Hammered Copper and Brown.  I love how it instantly ages the chicken wire!  I did this same treatment to the hardware.. You can see the hammered effect a couple pictures down.

 
 
 

I think it's pretty obvious that I love all things white and farmhouse!!  I'm just drawn to them.. I can't wait to show you a vanity I'm currently working on.. it's gorgeous!  Just takin my sweet time with it.  I hope to have it finished soon and will post as soon as it is. Thank you for stopping by.  Have a great week! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment