Monday, November 18, 2013

Cinnamon Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze

 Mmmmm!  My house smells of fresh cinnamon spiced pumpkin!  I've never made Pumpkin Bread before, but thought I would give it a go today.. it's chilly, kind of cloudy.. the perfect kind of day to make Pumpkin Bread! 




 I absolutely love this bread recipe!  I have used  this same recipe for Zucchini Bread, Banana Bread, and now Pumpkin Bread.  I just change out whatever the main flavor is supposed to be, and it's worked for me so far!  So here she is, the easiest, most moist bread recipe:

Ingredients

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 tsp ground cinnamon
3 eggs
2 cups white sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 29 oz can of Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin

Glaze

4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
4 tbs milk, for thinning

For Bread

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.  Sift together flour, salt, soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice.  In a separate bowl, beat eggs.  Add and mix well sugar, vanilla, and oil.  Add your pumpkin to the egg mixture.  Add dry ingredients, mixing really well.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.

For Glaze

In a small mixing bowl, soften cream cheese.  Add powdered sugar and vanilla, mix well.  Thin down to a pourable consistency with milk.  Mine took about 4 tbs.  Drizzle on top of your pumpkin bread and ENJOY!




Doesn't this recipe make you want to curl up in your jammies and a blanket and sit next to a fire?  Maybe that's just me ;)  I hope you give this a try!  Thanks for stopping by as always!

Linking up at:










No comments:

Post a Comment