Friday, March 1, 2013

Butterflies!

Good Morning!  And happy Friday!

I wanted to give you an update of Isabella's room.  We started with a darker tanish green on the walls.. It was just too dark for a little girls room, and my office as well.  So I went with the same blue {Afternoon Shade}, I'm sorry I don't remember what brand it started as.  Anyway, we LOVE it!  It's fresh, and cheerful, and calming, and just everything we wanted it to be!  

These Pictures really do not do this color justice!

 I first purchased this Pottery Barn Butterfly Duvet and Sham.  That was my starting point for where we wanted to go with this room.  You can see my original design board here.  I really wanted to do a bronze wall sconce with a clear mason jar like the one I saw on Pottery Barn, but I am on a tight budget and I came across this lamp at Marshall's.  It was a beautiful vintage distressed blue and had a cute Burlap shade!  I'll take it! :)


I painted a fresh coat of cream paint called {Vintage} by Valspar, in a semi-gloss.  I love the color!  Its a warm white and really suits the room perfectly.  I'm trying to decide whether I want to distress the bed or leave it clean and creamy.  Any thoughts about this??

For now, I put up a vintage cream mirror I already had lying around.  There are a few more details that need to be added to this room, but it is coming together nicely..  And Isabella is LOVING it!  

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!

1 comment: